What is a Nursing Home?
A nursing home is a place for people who don't need to be in a hospital but can't be cared for at home. Nursing homes provide what is called custodial care, providing help getting in and out of bed, and assistance with feeding, bathing, and dressing. However, nursing homes differ from other senior housing facilities in that they also provide a high level of medical care as optimum care and dedication in maintenance and improvement of health through treatment of disease, illness, injury, and other physical impairments in people for a better living standard of the individual as well as their families.
What kinds of services does LYC Senior Living Centre provide?
- We are able to cater to an array of medical-related services for our residents;
- Our care centre provides professional 24-hours nursing care which are handled by qualified and trained professional;
- We provide meals and a safe and conducive environment to live;
- Our in-house doctor will visit from time to time as often as needed; We offer assisted living facilities where there are more companionship and interaction with other residents and staff, accompanied by assistance in day-to-day living;
- We provide palliative care services for those who are heading towards the end of their life. We make sure that they feel love and warmth at the last stage of their life;
- We have specially-designed Cognitive Therapies and Exercise programs for our dementia residents as part of our dementia care services;
- We provide both basic and skilled care from maintaining a person's ability to carry out necessary daily functions, like personal care and getting around;
- We will also ensure that the resident is supervised and safe to treatments and procedures on a regular basis;
- We look into the maintenance or improvement of health via monitoring the health status of the residents by Blood Pressure monitoring, check sugar level, medication compliance and health education from time to time;
- We have experienced therapy professionals who provide residents with some of the most effective and innovative elderly rehabilitation therapy programs; and
- We provide you with the relief to care for your loved ones at home while you take a break.
What makes LYC Senior Living Centre services the best choice when it comes to senior care?
We provide the highest quality of customer care and service. You are our priority. We will work with you from the beginning to determine a care plan based on the medical history designed around your loved ones needs. Our attention to detail, resident comfort and superb resident service are just a few things that makes us the best choice!
What are your visiting hours?
Our visiting hours are from 9.00am- 9.00pm
What package do you offer?
There are three (3) different types of package.
- Low Dependency; or
- Medium Dependency; or
- High Dependency
The fee may vary with the room type and arising medical conditions. For more enquiries please call our customer service team at +603-2602 1994 / +6012-656 1366
Are your nurses trained?
Yes, all of our nurses at LYC Senior Living Centre are registered nurses who are re-certified each year to ensure that the quality of care consistently at the highest levels.
Do you have your own in-house physiotherapist?
Yes, we have experienced therapy professionals who provide residents with some of the most effective and innovative elderly rehabilitation therapy programs.
Do you have any doctor visitation services to check on residents in the facility?
Yes, we have our own in-house doctor who will visit at least once a week to check on the resident’s condition. For more information on our doctor, click HERE to find out more.
Who can check-in into LYC Senior Living?
Our range services cater to all ages – from a short stay for medical care, post-operation recovery, physical impairments to palliative care services for our oldest great grandmother!
What should I bring to the facility?
First and foremost, we would require the ID and Medical Card of the prospective resident. We will also require details on any history of hospitals admission at the facility as they may be needed to complete the registration process. The incoming resident is recommended to bring items that will make their stay more restful and easier, such as;
- Bring enough comfortable clothing;
- Non-skid, supportive pair of shoes and socks;
- Toothbrush/toothpaste and denture cups;
- Comb, brush, lotions and other essential toiletries;
- Hearing aide, eyeglasses and eyeglass case; and
- Reading materials / Family photos
Will meals be provided for the residents?
Yes, meals are included in all of our packages. We will provide five (5) meals per day (Breakfast, Lunch, Tea, Dinner and Supper)
In case of emergency, do you have ambulance service in LYC Senior Living Centre?
We currently do not have at the moment. However, an ambulance can be arranged to the nearest Government hospital.
- Hospital Kuala Lumpur
Can relatives stay with resident?
Arrangements can be made at a reasonable price.
Does LYC Senior Living Centre provide Private Nurse services?
Yes, Private Nurse is possible upon request and is subject to availability.
Will I have any difficulties communication?
English is widely spoken and written by the doctor, clinical team and staff in LYC Senior Living Centre. Other languages commonly spoken include Bahasa Malaysia and Mandarin.
Can I do advance reservation?
Yes, your request will be noted and the customer service team will strive to meet your request.
How long do I have to wait for my bed/room?
This is upon availability of a bed/room. Our Senior Living Centre team strives to have beds/rooms available with utmost urgency.
What are the payment terms?
We accept payment made by online transfer, bank draft or personal cheque.
What kinds of options are available to pay for short-term care?
- One (1) day to Six (6) days – Daily rate;
- One (1) week rates;
- Two (2) weeks rates; or
- Three (3) week rates
For more enquiries please call our customer service team at +603-2602 1994 / +6012-656 1366
When should a resident discharge? What are the processes I have to do to discharge?
A minimal of two (2) weeks noticed would be advisable. Discharges can be processed 24 hours daily inclusive of weekend and public holidays.